IEEE Smart City: Bangladesh perspective
With the initiation and Support from IEEE President Toshio Fukuda and IEEE Region 10 Director, Professor Akinori Nishihara, IEEE Region 10 has launched under R10 EAC, the Project REACHING LOCALS to reach out to the community using local language with Activities on Subjects related to IEEE’s field of Interest.
In the foreground of recent explosion from an air conditioner at Narayanganj mosque (prayer place), IEEE Bangladesh Section felt to discuss in Bangla Language about Fire Hazards: What to do to Minimize Risk of lives and Losses of Properties? This discussion answers many questions arising from the minds of local community people.
1. Is AC electrical Equipment?
2.What type of gases are used in ACs?Are those gases inflammable?
3. Can an AC be a potential Source of a fire incident?
4. After the Narayanganj blast, will it be safe to use ACs in our surroundings?
5. For Safe operation of ACs, what should the users do?
6. What are the possible hazards that may occur from other Electrical equipment?
7. What are general points to be considered for ensuring electrical/fire safety?
8. Is our codes/standards, rules/regulations related to safety sufficient/updated?
9. What can be done for building public awareness regarding safety?
Fire Safety Expert Mr. Yeasir Arafat, Treasurer, IEEE Bangladesh Section answered these question on this one and a half-hour session. Prof. Dr. Celia Shahnaz, Chair of IEEE Bangladesh Section Moderated the session.
The Event was live on Facebook so that it can reach a much higher number of people. The